Bob and Jeremy of the Washington Township Fire Department demonstrate P.A.S.S., which is an acronym to help people remember how to operate a fire extinguisher - Pull/Aim/Squeeze/Sweep. Pull the pin, Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire, Squeeze the handle down, Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire. To keep a fire extinguisher in good condition, it is a good idea to turn it upside down and shake it every so often to keep the powder from getting hard. In addition, it should be replaced every five to seven years because the rubber seal inside deteriorates over time. Also check the red gauge on the top to make sure the pressure indicator is in the green zone. When faced with a fire and you don't know what is burning, stay at a safe distance in case there is something that might explode. Also be sure that you are upwind so you are not breathing in the smoke. Finally, never turn your back to a fire without making absolutely sure it is out.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades