Every fire needs three things to burn: heat, oxygen, and fuel. As long as those three things are met, the fire will persist. If you are cooking with grease and a fire starts, you must react fast. Grab an oven mitt, find the lid that fits the pan, and smother the fire. Slide the cover over the pan to cut off the oxygen, and turn off the burner. Do not add water, as that may help the fire spread. Do not lift the lid, as oxygen may rekindle the flame. Leave the pan alone until it is completely cooled. Never try to carry the pan to the sink or outside, or it may burn up again or splash grease around. If you have a safe way out and everyone else is out of the building, and if the fire is spreading, call the fire department OUTSIDE of the building. Do not stay inside to make the call.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades